“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”
― Arundhati Roy,
If life is a book then this is the second edition of my own book. Illinois was the place where the naive opened her eyes to new possibilities. Where she opted to explore the other side of the world and built new friendships. Great lakes (Chicago) was the place where I started my US Navy career.It is where I had start living alone and be independent.
Trivia: This is where I!!!
- First Snow-It was heaven on earth..Yay!
- First train ride-felt like a kid.lol
- Bought my first laptop and Rice cooker!!!!!!!! 🙂
- Went to Willis Tower, built as and still commonly referred to as Sears Tower, 108-story, 1,451-foot (442 m) skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, United States.At completion in 1973, it surpassed the World Trade Center towers in New York to become the tallest building in the world, a title it held for nearly 25 years. The Willis Tower is the second-tallest building in the United States and the 12th-tallest in the world
- First sang “stars spangled banner” -I got emotional!no kidding!!
- Watched my first baseball game- Go white sox!
- Ice-skated for the first time-It was fun but I had body-butt aches afterwards. Haha!
- Went to Wisconsin for one day with the girls in Pinoy Mafia! -Miss you guys
- Cut my hair short.. short like a boy cut! – I cried!! The navy cut it twice. I got mad then cried again 😦
- Last but not the least, I met awesome people,who up until now I have friendship with. Thank you Lord!
Pictures below taken,CIRCA 09/2008-06/2009.
To God be the Glory.